Donut Baking Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat wells and stem of donut pan with oil or spray oil (recommended). Set aside.
2. Open packet #1 and pour into medium size bowl. Use fork to break up any clumps in mix. Set aside.
3. Open packet #2 and pour into small to medium size heat resistant bowl. Add the boiling hot water and oil. Whisk vigorously until completely combined and no lumps remain.
4. Add liquid mixture to dry mixture and stir just until no dry mix remains. Batter should appear lumpy.
5. Spoon batter into prepared donut pan. Start with one heaping tablespoon in each well, give the pan a little shake or tap to spread the batter out and add remaining batter to each well to fill evenly.
6. For mini donut pan, bake for 13-15 minutes. For a regular size donut pan, bake for 15-17 minutes.* Donuts are done when toothpick is removed without crumbs or donuts spring back after gently poking them.
*We're updating our baking time recommendations after receiving feedback that 17-19 minutes was a little too long in some ovens.
7. When donuts have finished baking remove from oven. Let cool in pan for a few minutes before turning out of pan and transferring to cooling rack or plate (turning donuts shiny side up). Let donuts cool for another 10-15 minutes before icing. Donuts should be cool to touch before icing.
8. Proceed with icing and topping.*
*See direction card in box for icing preparation instructions.