Donut Baking Instructions (Updated 02/09/2020)
Please note, we have recently updated our mix directions. If you have purchased our mixes before, you will want to read through the updated directions as the order of steps and corresponding packet numbers have changed. The following order and packet numbers correspond to mixes purchased after February 9, 2020.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat wells and stem of donut pan with oil or spray oil (recommended). Set aside.
2. While the oven preheats, make the icing. Follow the specific instructions outlined in step two on the direction card included in each mix box. Cover icing and set aside.
3. Open packet #2 and pour into medium size bowl. Use fork to break up any clumps in mix. Set aside.
4. Open packet #3 and pour into small to medium size heat resistant bowl. Add the boiling hot water and oil. Whisk vigorously until completely combined and no lumps remain.
5. Add liquid mixture to dry mixture and stir just until no dry mix remains. Batter should appear lumpy.
6. Spoon batter into prepared donut pan. Start with one heaping tablespoon in each well, give the pan a little shake or tap to spread the batter out and add remaining batter to each well to fill evenly.
7. For mini donut pan, bake for 13-15 minutes. For a regular size donut pan, bake for 15-17 minutes.* Donuts are done when toothpick is removed without crumbs or donuts spring back after gently poking them.
8. When donuts have finished baking remove from oven. Let cool in pan for a few minutes before turning out of pan and transferring to cooling rack or plate (turning donuts shiny side up). Let donuts cool for another 10-15 minutes before icing. Donuts should be cool to touch before icing.
9. Proceed with icing and topping donuts.
*We've updated our baking time since first launching our mix. For best results, please follow the times listed above.